Updated 11/5/2019. Inquire: email@example.com
Sage Science is seeking a Technical Sales Representative for the Bay Area, CA
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with a strong understanding of DNA sequencing technology and molecular biology techniques. The candidate should have proven success in sales to academic institutions and other research facilities (biotech, government, medical).
The representative is expected to meet with customers, provide product demonstrations, and seek out new opportunities for Sage Science’s instrument line and upcoming new products.
Sage Science develops DNA size selection platforms for streamlining and improving sample preparation for DNA analysis.
- Sell instrumentation and related consumables
- Communicate forecasts, key competitive activities, trends, changing customer needs and priorities to management
- Engage existing customers to improve revenue growth and help solve challenges.
- Demonstrate, install and train end users on product use
- Attend industry trade shows and
- Must be able to interface comfortably at high levels within the customer management structure and possess strong relationship building
- Efficiently manage sales activities to provide greatest
- Fully developed tactical sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, funnel management, closing, and growing existing customers).
- Working knowledge of standard molecular lab equipment: pipettes, gel electrophoresis, Qubit and other common analytical tools.
- Minimum 2 years sales experience in the life science research industry
- Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences. Advanced degree preferred
- Bench top experience with molecular biology techniques, DNA sequencing preferred
- Must have knowledge of key accounts in assigned territory
- 25 – 50% travel anticipated
West Coast States including California, Oregon, and Washington