Sage Science develops and sells products for the size selection of DNA and proteins. Sage is located in the Cummings Center, Beverly, MA
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have two sales positions open at this time:
Senior Sales Representative – 2 Openings (San Francisco Bay Area & Bethesda, MD)
Sage Science develops products for sale to the Life Sciences Research and Diagnostic Laboratory markets. Our mission is to provide research tools for streamlining and improving sample preparation workflows for DNA and Protein.
Sage introduced the Pippin Prep DNA size selection system in 2010. The Pippin has since established itself as a key platform for the construction of high quality libraries for next gen sequencing. The company will be expanding upon its success with the release of protein sample prep instruments.
- Sell instrumentation and related consumables to academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts.
- Communicate key competitive activities, trends, changing customer needs and priorities to management team.
- Organize sales presentations, workshops and scientific seminars in territory.
- Meet and/or exceed territory sales goals both for the overall region as well as specific account and product sales targets.
- Demonstrate, install and train end users on instrument use.
- Attend industry trade shows and conferences.
- Must be able to interface comfortably at high levels within the customer management structure and possess strong relationship building skills
- Efficiently manage sales activities to provide greatest ROI.
- Fully developed tactical sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, funnel management, closing, and growing existing customers).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage a large territory.
- Minimum 5 years sales experience in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts.
- Bench top experience with protein chemistry, molecular biology, immunology, cell biology via prior work experience and education.
- Commercial knowledge of analytical separation systems, capillary electrophoresis, microscale separations and/or or mass spectrometry required.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must have knowledge of key accounts in assigned territory.
- 25 – 50% travel required