Updated 7/18/2016. Inquire: email@example.com
Sage Science, privately owned and located in Beverly, MA, is a biotechnology firm that develops and markets automated sample preparation instruments and consumables for genomic research and molecular diagnostics.
Sage introduced the Pippin Prep DNA size selection system in 2010. The Pippin has since established itself as a key platform for the construction of high quality libraries for next gen sequencing. The company will be expanding upon its success with the release of tools for long-range genomics and NGS sample prep.
Sage offers a competitive salary and benefits package. We are looking to fill the following three positions:
Director of Development
Candidates for the should have a Ph.D., and five or more years of development experience in the genomics tools industry. Preference will be given to candidates with development experience under ISO or IVD quality systems.
Candidates for should have a Ph.D. in a life science field, and two or more years of experience in the genomics tools industry. Preference will be given to candidates experienced in development of equipment and/or reagent kits for automating genomic analysis workflows.
Candidates should enjoy hands-on, creative laboratory work in a team environment.
Senior Sales Representative – (field-based in the Bethesda, MD area)
• Sell instrumentation and related consumables to academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts.
• Communicate forecasts, key competitive activities, trends, changing customer needs and priorities to management team.
• Organize sales presentations, workshops and scientific seminars in territory.
• Develop a business plan to meet and/or exceed territory sales goals both for the overall region as well as specific account and product sales targets.
• Demonstrate, install and train end users on instrument use.
• Maintain and enhance technical knowledge on Company products to extent necessary to accomplish the approved business plan for your territory.
• Attend industry trade shows and conferences.
• Must be able to interface comfortably at high levels within the customer management structure and possess strong relationship building skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills including presentation and closing skills as well as a professional appearance and demeanor are expected.
• Ability to manage a large territory.
• Efficiently manage sales activities to provide greatest ROI.
• Fully developed tactical sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, funnel management, closing, and growing existing customers).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• An understanding and ability to develop and implement tactical account plans, action plans and account profiles is essential.
• Proficiency in basic desktop computer applications is required. Prior experience with using CRM system preferred.