The BluePippin is a preparative electrophoresis platform that separates and extracts DNA or protein from agarose. Using pre-cast gel cassettes, biomolecules are automatically collected in buffer according to software-input target ranges. The BluePippin also features pulsed-field electrophoresis power which enable accurate collection of kb-sized DNA. Cassettes are available for DNA size selections between 50 bp and 50kb, and protein collections between 25-80 kDa.
Benefits of the BluePippin™ DNA size selection system
- Pulsed-field electrophoresis collects DNA up to 50 kb
- Reduces complexity of protein samples for mass spec
- Minutes of labor saves time compared to manual gel purification
- Individual sample channels eliminate sample cross-contamination
|Electrophoresis voltage:||25V, 100V or 150V constant, 100V pulsed field|
|Optical detection:||470 nm excitation,
525 nm emission
|Power requirements:||100-240 VAC, 2.5 A, 50-60 Hz|
|Weight:||15 lbs / 7 kg|
|Dimensions||7h x 11w x 21d (in),
18h x 28w x 53 d (cm)
- Brochure and Datasheets
- Posters and Presentations
- ABRF 2013: Sage - " New Automated Systems for Size-Fractionation of Protein Samples"
- AGBT 2013: Sage - "Introducing the Sage ELF: Multiple DNA size fractions from the same sample"
- AGBT 2013: Epicentre- "Gene, Transcription Start Site and Splice Site Identification Increased Through Use of Automated Preparative Gel Electrophoresis"
- AGBT 2013: Sage (Sage Suite) - "New products from Sage Science"
- AGBT 2013: PacBio (Sage Suite)- "Taking Advantage of Long Read Lengths with Improved Library Preparation Methods"
- Ion World 2012: "Faster DNA size-selection on the Pippin Prep"
- AGBT 2012: "The BluePippin System: Automated Size-selection of High Molecular Weight DNA"
- AGBT 2012: Epicentre and Sage - "Improved RNA-seq Library Quality and Workflow Enabled by Automated Preparative Gel Electrophoresis"
- AGBT 2012: Covaris and Sage - Complementary DNA Shearing and Size-selection Tools for Mate-pair Library Construction"
- PAG 2012: Digilab and Sage - "Complementary DNA Shearing and Size-selection Tools for Mate-pair Library Construction"
- AGBT 2011: "Expanded NGS Applications for the Pippin Prep DNA Size Selection System"
- AGBT 2011: Workshop Presentation, Chris Boles - "Pippin Prep 2011: New Applications - Expanded Cassette Offerings and System Improvements"
- AGBT 2010: "Automated preparative gel electrophoresis using the Pippin Prep system"
- Application Notes
- Case Studies
- Case Study: "Tag Team: Scientists Use Pippin to Optimize Nextera Libraries", Zach Herbert, Dana Farber Core Facilities
- Case Study: "Better Metagenomics Methods Offer Hope for Studies with Ultra-Low DNA", Sullivan Lab, Univ. Arizona
- Case Study:" New Take on RADseq Enables High-Throughput Variant Discovery", Hoekstra Lab, Harvard Univ.