DNA Size Selection for Next-Gen Sequencing, with Pulsed-Field
(100bp – 50kb)
Size-Select DNA Fragments up to 50kb
Collect HMW DNA with High-Pass Filtering
The BluePippin has the DNA capabilities of the Pippin Prep, plus the extra benefit of pulsed-field electrophoresis for resolving and collecting high molecular weight DNA. For long-range genomic applications, high-pass filtering allows users to collect all fragments above a size threshold set by the user.
Target sizes or ranges of sizes are entered in software, and fractions are collected in buffer. Up to 5 samples/gel cassette may be run, with no possibility of cross contamination.
Benefits of the BluePippin System
- Saves time and effort compared to manual gel purification
- Sample-to-sample reproducibility streamlines research
- Higher sample quality improves downstream analysis
Key Downstream Technologies
- Mate-pair sequencing
- Single molecule sequencing
- Bar-coded linked reads
Pre-Cast Agarose Gel Cassettes for DNA Size Selection
Gel cassettes for DNA selections are available in four agarose concentrations to provide a full range of size selection options between 100bp up to 50kb. For smaller fragment sizes, internal standards may be used for higher accuracy and increased sample capacity (from 4 to 5 samples/cassette). Higher molecular weight fragments require a dedicated lane to run a calibration marker. Run times are as little as 30 minutes, To resolve very large DNA fragments, pulsed-field runs may last several hours. View the BluePippin cassette reference chart to explore the DNA size selection options and run times.
- miRNA isolation
- DNA sequencing, RNA-seq, genotyping
- DNA sequencing, ChIP-seq
- Mate-pair, single molecule
The BluePippin instrument includes a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. A CPU is built in; an external PC is not required.
|Blue Pippin Specs|
|Electrophoresis voltage||25V, 100V or 150V constant, 100V pulsed field|
|Optical detection||470 nm excitation, 525 nm emission|
|Power requirements||100-240 VAC, 2.5 A, 50-60 Hz|
|Weight||15 lbs / 7 kg|
|Dimensions||7h x 11w x 21d (in) | 18h x 28w x 53 d (cm)|
Kits include 10 ea. disposable pre-cast gel cassettes. All necessary standards and reagents are included with the purchase.
Brochure and Datasheets
Posters and Presentations
- ABRF 2013: Sage - " New Automated Systems for Size-Fractionation of Protein Samples"
- AGBT 2013: Sage - "Introducing the Sage ELF: Multiple DNA size fractions from the same sample"
- AGBT 2013: Epicentre- "Gene, Transcription Start Site and Splice Site Identification Increased Through Use of Automated Preparative Gel Electrophoresis"
- AGBT 2013: PacBio (Sage Suite)- "Taking Advantage of Long Read Lengths with Improved Library Preparation Methods"
- Ion World 2012: "Faster DNA size-selection on the Pippin Prep"
- AGBT 2012: "The BluePippin System: Automated Size-selection of High Molecular Weight DNA"
- AGBT 2012: Epicentre and Sage - "Improved RNA-seq Library Quality and Workflow Enabled by Automated Preparative Gel Electrophoresis"
- AGBT 2012: Covaris and Sage - Complementary DNA Shearing and Size-selection Tools for Mate-pair Library Construction"
- PAG 2012: Digilab and Sage - "Complementary DNA Shearing and Size-selection Tools for Mate-pair Library Construction"
- AGBT 2011: "Expanded NGS Applications for the Pippin Prep DNA Size Selection System"
- AGBT 2011: Workshop Presentation, Chris Boles - "Pippin Prep 2011: New Applications - Expanded Cassette Offerings and System Improvements"
- AGBT 2010: "Automated preparative gel electrophoresis using the Pippin Prep system"
- Automated Size Selection of NEBNext Small RNA Libraries with the Sage Pippin Prep
- "ChIP-Seq Libary Prep" Westerling, T., Center for Funcitonal Cancer Epigentics, Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
- "Size selection of long-chain fragments (8kb) in Nextera Mate Pair library preparation", Dr. Yoshitoshi Ogura and Dr. Yasuhiro Gotoh of Division of Microbiology, Department of Infectious Diseases, School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Japan (Nippon Genetics)
- "The effect of size selection of PacBio long-fragment libraries (≧7 kb) (comparison of size distribution and sequencing results)", Dr. Yasuhito Arai of Division of Cancer Genomics, National Cancer Center Institute, Japan (Nippon Genetics)
- "Long-fragment library preparation for PacBio RSⅡ・P5-C3 chemistry", Okinawa Institute of Advanced Sciences, Japan (Nippon Genetics)
- Case Study: "Tag Team: Scientists Use Pippin to Optimize Nextera Libraries", Zach Herbert, Dana Farber Core Facilities
- Case Study: "Precise Sizing and SMRT Sequencing Offer Unprecedented Read Length for Clinical Studies", Robert Sebra, Mt. Sinai
- Case Study: "Better Metagenomics Methods Offer Hope for Studies with Ultra-Low DNA", Sullivan Lab, Univ. Arizona
- Case Study:" New Take on RADseq Enables High-Throughput Variant Discovery", Hoekstra Lab, Harvard Univ.