DNA Size Selection for Next-Gen Sequencing
(100bp – 1.5kb)
Short Read NGS Library Construction – For Inserts from 100bp to 1.5kb
The Pippin Prep facilitates library construction for the most popular NGS platforms, and is recommended by Illumina and Ion Torrent for certain workflows. The platform features the ability to collect narrow and even fragment distributions, as well as the flexibility to collect wide ranges of fragments with minimal effort. Target sizes or ranges of sizes are entered in software, and fractions are collected in buffer. Up to 5 samples per gel cassette may be run, with no possibility of cross contamination. Benefits of the Pippin Prep System:
- Saves time and effort compared to manual gel purification
- Sample-to-sample reproducibility streamlines research
- Higher sample quality improves downstream analysis
Key Downstream Technologies:
- Paired-end sequencing
Pre-Cast Agarose Gel Cassettes for DNA Size Selection
Gel cassettes for DNA selections are available in four agarose concentrations to provide a full range of size selection options between 100bp and 1.5kb, with limited capability up to 8 kb. For smaller fragment sizes, internal standards may be used for higher accuracy and increased sample capacity (from 4 to 5 samples per cassette). Run times are as little as 30 minutes. View the Pippin Prep cassette reference chart to explore the DNA size selection options and run times.
For these downstream technologies
- miRNA isolation
- DNA sequencing, RNA-seq, genotyping
- DNA sequencing, ChIP-seq
- Mate-pair sequencing
The Pippin Prep instrument includes a monitor, keyboard, and mouse. A CPU is built in; an external PC is not required.
|Pippin Prep Specs|
|Electrophoresis voltage:||100V or 150V constant|
|Optical detection:||535 nm excitation | 640 nm emission|
|Power requirements:||100-240 VAC, 2.5 A, 50-60 Hz|
|Weight:||15 lbs / 7 kg|
|Dimensions:||7h x 11w x 21d (in) | 18h x 28w x 53 d (cm)|
Kits include 10 ea. disposable pre-cast gel cassettes. All necessary standards and reagents are included with the purchase.
Brochure and Datasheets
Posters and Presentations
- ABRF 2013: Sage - " New Automated Systems for Size-Fractionation of Protein Samples"
- AGBT 2013: Sage - "Introducing the Sage ELF: Multiple DNA size fractions from the same sample"
- AGBT 2013: Epicentre- "Gene, Transcription Start Site and Splice Site Identification Increased Through Use of Automated Preparative Gel Electrophoresis"
- AGBT 2013: PacBio (Sage Suite)- "Taking Advantage of Long Read Lengths with Improved Library Preparation Methods"
- Ion World 2012: "Faster DNA size-selection on the Pippin Prep"
- AGBT 2012: "The BluePippin System: Automated Size-selection of High Molecular Weight DNA"
- AGBT 2012: Epicentre and Sage - "Improved RNA-seq Library Quality and Workflow Enabled by Automated Preparative Gel Electrophoresis"
- AGBT 2012: Covaris and Sage - Complementary DNA Shearing and Size-selection Tools for Mate-pair Library Construction"
- PAG 2012: Digilab and Sage - "Complementary DNA Shearing and Size-selection Tools for Mate-pair Library Construction"
- AGBT 2011: "Expanded NGS Applications for the Pippin Prep DNA Size Selection System"
- AGBT 2011: Workshop Presentation, Chris Boles - "Pippin Prep 2011: New Applications - Expanded Cassette Offerings and System Improvements"
- AGBT 2010: "Automated preparative gel electrophoresis using the Pippin Prep system"
- Automated Size Selection of NEBNext Small RNA Libraries with the Sage Pippin Prep
- "ChIP-Seq Libary Prep" Westerling, T., Center for Funcitonal Cancer Epigentics, Dana Farber Cancer Institute.
- Case Study: "Tag Team: Scientists Use Pippin to Optimize Nextera Libraries", Zach Herbert, Dana Farber Core Facilities
- Case Study: "Precise Sizing and SMRT Sequencing Offer Unprecedented Read Length for Clinical Studies", Robert Sebra, Mt. Sinai
- Case Study: "Better Metagenomics Methods Offer Hope for Studies with Ultra-Low DNA", Sullivan Lab, Univ. Arizona
- Case Study:" New Take on RADseq Enables High-Throughput Variant Discovery", Hoekstra Lab, Harvard Univ.