Updated 3/19/2019. Inquire: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sage Science is seeking an experienced scientific sale representative for the mid-Atlantic region including the NIH.
Senior Sales Representative
Sage Science develops, manufactures and sells DNA size selection systems for Next Gen Sequencing sample prep. Our products have been widely adopted for use with Illumina, PacBio, Oxford Nanopore and other sequencing workflows. Sage’s portfolio features the Pippin Prep, BluePippin, SageELF, and SageHLS platforms.
Sage Science, privately owned and located in Beverly, MA. Sage offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Sell instrumentation and related consumables to academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical
- Communicate forecasts, key competitive activities, trends, changing customer needs and priorities to management
- Organize sales presentations, workshops and scientific seminars in
- Develop a business plan to meet and/or exceed territory sales goals both for the overall region as well as specific account and product sales targets
- Demonstrate, install and train end users on instrument
- Maintain and enhance technical knowledge on Company products to extent necessary to accomplish the approved business plan for your territory.
- Attend industry trade shows and
- Must be able to interface comfortably at high levels within the customer management structure and possess strong relationship building
- Strong interpersonal skills including presentation and closing skills as well as a professional appearance and demeanor are expected.
- Ability to manage a large
- Efficiently manage sales activities to provide greatest
- Fully developed tactical sales skills (prospecting, qualifying, funnel management, closing, and growing existing customers).
- Strong written and verbal communication
- An understanding and ability to develop and implement tactical account plans, action plans and account profiles is essential.
- Proficiency in basic desktop computer applications is required. Prior experience with using CRM system preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ sales experience in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, medical school, hospital, government, biotech and biopharmaceutical accounts.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Life Sciences or Chemistry. Advanced degree
- Bench top experience with molecular biology, immunology, or cell biology via prior work experience and education is preferred.
- Commercial knowledge of NGS, NGS Sample Prep. ddPCR, or PCR
- Must have knowledge of key accounts in assigned
- 25 – 50% travel required
- New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama.
- Ideal location for candidate would be Baltimore/Washington area.
Preference will be given to candidates with industry experience.